Assorted Reception Decor Ideas

|
Texas


lighted pennant garlandLighted paper pennant garland from OnceWed

PinwheelDIY pinwheels from OnceWed

WindsocksWindsocks from Clover & Bee

paper dahliasPoms/paper dahlias for hanging from Martha Stewart

Obviously, going to have to have an editorial spirit going into this. I don't want the reception to look like a craft show exploded all over the place. I also want to make sure that 1) I have enough time to do all the I want to do, and 2) that anything I need time to do in advance will ship well from Oregon to Texas. That and budget are my biggest considerations...

Seattle

paper doiliesDIY paper lace garland from Project Wedding

dessert tableDessert table (in lieu of a cake) from Amy Atlas Events

paper lanternsPaper lanterns, probably without the butterflies

giraffe ice sculptureA giant giraffe ice sculpture (J/K!)

I'm still not entirely positive what I want for the Seattle reception/party/whatever you want to call it. I think my problem is that I like everything too much. You know, except a giraffe ice sculpture. I think it's safe to say that's not going to make the cut. ;)

One thing that I definitely need to remember to do is stock up on clear fairy lights at Christmas. One of Kellen's friends who got married back in September had an impossible time trying to find fairy lights at the end of the summer, and her dad (who is either a saint or insane) scraped all of the paint off of the colored fairy lights they had so she could have clear fairy lights at her wedding. Um, no. There will be no scraping. We'll just make a stop at Wal-Mart in the middle of all the Christmas madness.

2 comments:

Kim said...

It looks like it will be amazing. I look forward to it. :)

Let us know if there's anything we can do down here. You could consider it a thank you for not making me buy an ugly dress! :P

arbkellen said...

I veto your veto of the ice Giraffe...it MUST HAPPEN!