A whole garden of flowers

|
My mom and I have been talking quite a bit about what kind of flowers to have at the Texas reception. Because we don't want to go through a florist (it's pricey, and I think I'm a little too picky to go with the one and only local florist in my hometown), we've attempted to look at wholesale (you need a license) or calling in favors from somewhere. My mom has now decided, though, that she's just going to grow the flowers herself.

My parents are pretty serious gardeners. All summer long, they keep a garden growing, and they have tomatoes and peppers and cucumber and zucchini and squash. Plus, they do a lot of landscaping around the house. Their backyard is a veritable jungle. They have so many different kinds of flowers and bushes that I can't keep up with it all.

My mom put in an order for several flowers, and these are what she has so far:



We've got summer daffodils, charlotte gladiolus, chincherinchee, yellow dahlias, white gladiolus, and white peonies.

We're going to have to figure out a way to get yellow and white roses, since those will take more than a few months to grow, but I'm pretty excited about the selection so far, and I really like that my parents will be growing the flowers for the reception back home. It feels right, and I know they will be fresh and beautiful.

Credit:
Breck's catalogue

0 comments: